The Original Salmon Bake - 2022 Details
August 6th & 7th 2022 - Noon to 8pm Both Days Saturday only, the beer garden stays open till midnight.
Address: Browns Point Improvement Club - 201 Ton A Wan Da Ave NE, Tacoma, WA 98422
Parking is very limited near the event so there is a shuttle that runs from 11:30am to 9:30pm Saturday (7:30 Sunday)
- St. Matthews Church - 6800 East Side Dr NE, Tacoma, WA 98422
- Browns Point Town Center Shopping - 1000 Town Center NE, Tacoma, WA 98422
- Browns Point Elementary - 1526 51st St NE, Tacoma, WA 98422
- Cliff House Restaurant - Annex Parking Lot (Sunday only. No stop on Saturday.) - 6300 Marine View Dr, Tacoma, WA 98422 (across the street from the restaurant)
The Original Browns Point Salmon Bake is the best summertime event in the PNW. Fresh-caught Alaskan salmon is cooked over alder wood fire pits in the same manner Jerry Meeker did at the first official salmon bake in 1946. This is an event for the whole family with kids games, crafts, and an art show featuring local Northwest artists. There is no cost to attend. Come on out and join us for a fun Northwest tradition.
*** Salmon Bake F.A.Q.***
- What does it cost? There is no entry cost to attend. Salmon Dinners are $30 with a $5 discount for military and seniors. Full menu with pricing for 2022 can be found below
- Can I smoke and bring my dog into the beer garden? No! Neither of those are allowed in the beer garden.
- Can I bring my dog around the bake outside of the beer garden? There will be dogs but we discourage it.
- Where do I purchase salmon dinner tickets? At The Bake there are dinner ticket booths located by the main entrance and the beer garden.
- What are the hours? Noon to 8pm both days. Beer garden stays open late on Saturday.
- What all is there to do? Aside from the delicious salmon dinners there is a beer garden, kids games, an art show, live music featuring local musicians, silent auction, raffle prizes drawn hourly and sweeping views of Commencement Bay. Don't miss out!
- What's the entertainment lineup? Check it out here: https://brownspoint.org/pages/2022-entertainment-schedule
- Can I be a food vendor? No! The food is an all volunteer effort. There are no vendors or sponsors but you're welcome to volunteer!
- Where does the money go? The Salmon Bake is the primary fundraiser for the Browns Point Improvement Club. The BPIC is a non-profit, volunteer ran club that engages in community projects, provides scholarships to local graduating teens, supports other NE Tacoma non-profits/groups and holds various social events for the NE Tacoma neighborhood
2022 SALMON BAKE MENU
Salmon Meal: $30
Senior / Military Discounted Meal: $25
BENNY’S BURGERS AVAILABLE WITH CHEESE AND/OR BENNY’S FAMOUS GRILLED ONIONS.
- HOT DOG - 3 TICKETS
- SINGLE BURGER - 5 TICKETS
- DOUBLE BURGER - 7 TICKETS
CHOWDER BOY’S CHOWDER HOME MADE IN SMALL BATCHES
- CHOWDER WITH SLICE OF GARLIC BREAD - 7 TICKETS
TREATS AND SIDES
- DESSERTS – ICE CREAM TREATS - 3 TICKETS
- SNO-CONES - 3 TICKETS
- COTTON CANDY - 3 TICKETS
- POP CORN - 2 TICKETS
- CORN-ON-THE COB 3 TICKETS
- HANDSPUN MILKSHAKES - 7 TICKETS
- BOTTLED WATER - 2 TICKETS
- ASSORTED SODA - 4 TICKETS
- 16OZ DRAFT & CAN BEER - 7 TICKETS
- WINE BY THE GLASS - 7 TICKETS
- LOADED NACHOS - 6 TICKETS
- CHIPS & SALSA - 4 TICKETS
- EXTRA CUP OF NACHO CHEESE - 2 TICKETS
- MINI CORN DOGS PLATTER (10) - 6 TICKETS
- PRETZEL & CHEESE - 6 TICKETS